Yabu Opens at the North

Presenting the newest YABU Branch at SM City North EDSA
Who doesn’t love Yabu? Almost everyone in my office rave about their katsu, the first time it opened in SM Megamall last year. My officemates and I loved their set katsu meals and a friend always orders their curry katsu. Months back, I have already been excited to see their “Opening Soon” poster at SM City North EDSA. And now it finally arrived in the North! Located at The Block, “Northerners” can now enjoy their yummy katsus anytime of the day.

Cool Yabu interior
I’ve been fortunate to attend the Grand Launch of Yabu at SM City North EDSA last August 28. Yabu now has 6 stores: SM Megamall, SM Mall of Asia, Robinson’s Magnolia, SM Southmall, SM Aura and SM City North EDSA The Block.

The famous sake cups!
Menchi Manga Panels
This 6th store also carries the same design as the other Yabu branches – the sake cups aligned together at their wall and the Menchi Manga panels about the history of Katsu. Cool, isn’t it?

Hire Miso Katsu! YUMMY!
I noticed that they added new dishes at their menu. And because it’s new, I tried the Hire Miso Katsu Set. These new Katsu Set may be ordered with Kurobuta Miso (Php580), Hire Miso (Php350) or Rosu Miso (Php375). This is topped with sweet miso sauce, sprinkled with spring onions and ground sesame seeds and served on a Japanese Hot Plate. It’s so cute that it looks like it has its own house. It is also served with unlimited Japanese white rice or organic brown rice (So youre sure it’s healthy), miso soup. Japanese pickles, organic cabbage (which is also unlimited!) and a bowl of fruit. And of course, I wouldn’t miss my favorite Yabu ritual, making my Katsu sauce: First, grind the sesame seeds, second, pour the katsu sauce, mix and dip your katsu.

The Seafood Katsu Set 2
My seatmate Mish ordered the Seafood Katsu Set 2 (Php545) : It is served with Salmon, Black Tiger Prawn, Crab and Oyster. I also took a bite of her food and I fell in love! I should order that the next time I go there.

Lava Cake ala Mode in different flavors
For dessert, we had the Strawberry Lava Cake Ala Mode (Php155). These also come in other flavors like chocolate and vanilla. I loved the texture of the dark chocolate at the bottom of the strawberry ice cream. I think the strawberry compliments the chocolate so much because it’s sweet, but strawberry evens it out.

We were Yabu-fied! Mish, Jam of Yabu, Cha and I
Make sure to check out the newest Yabu to hit the north! This Katsu haven will definitely have you asking for more.  I bet you’ll try each and every katsu flavour there is, so prepare to be Katsu-fied! 

Bloggers at the Yabu SM City North EDSA's Grand Launch

To know more about their promos and updates, visit their Facebook Page at https://www.facebook.com/yabuhouseofkatsu

Post a Comment

0 Comments