Chinese Cuisine at its Best: Passion Restaurant


I love Chinese food! But Passion Restaurant in Resorts World Manila gave me a new perspective to love dimsum more. During the launch of the Grand Fiesta Manila 2010, bloggers were invited for a special dinner courtesy of the RWM people.

Passion Restaurant is not your ordinary Chinese treat. Situated inside the six- star Maxims Hotel, they have 400 seats and seven VIP rooms to accommodate special and intimate events. A Cantonese Fine Dining that will surely fancy your taste buds.


We first got our hands on siomai dumplings and pork siopao. Since these are my favorite Chinese dishes, I am kind of used to the typical siopao buns that sells around. But in Passion, you don't need any kind of sauce to say how flavorful it is. You just have to try and speak for yourself.


We were next served dumplings with these huge prawns. I just love how crunchy they are at first bite. And topped with soy and chili sauce, I just cant help myself to a second serving.


After a few minutes, we were served crispy rolls. But even though they have shimps wrapped inside, they still tasted different from the earlier dumpling that was served. I guess it has something to do with its wrapper. Its so crispy, yet bread-like. I actually enjoyed this dish.


We were also served with pancit, which is just usual for a Cantonese Restaurant. But as much as I loved the dumplings, I'm not much of a pancit fan, so I just took a few servings.

And then, the waiters finally served as chao fan rice. It made up for the carbo craving that I actually had earlier. For a minute, it actually was my favorite part of the meal.

As dessert, a platter of fruits were handed to our table. Some got intrigued by the dragonfruit because it looks like cookies and cream bars. A perfect way to end the meal, especially for the fruit lovers.

All these and more Cantonese dishes that will surely fill your craving at Passion Restaurant located at the 2nd Flr. of the Maxims Hotel. Serving daily from 11:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. for lunch and resumes at 6:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. for dinner. You may also call (+632) 908 8875 for reservations.

Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. OMG ang saya nyo. Inggit ako haha :) See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahah! hinanap nga kita kay Az. Galing ka nga daw sa dentist :)

    ReplyDelete

Share your stories with me