Making Memories That Are Worth A Lifetime


Whenever I travel, I always make sure to take, if not the best, at least, decent photos. Since I cannot guarantee if i have the time or the money to go back there, I could proudly say that my photos, also known as my memories, are crisp and clear - may it be for my blog, vlog, or to share at my Instagram feed.
For my upcoming trip to Korea, I am actually searching for the best camera to bring during my travel. When I first went there, I mistakenly brought my bulgy DSLR, and ended up not bringing it to some of the sites we've been to because a.) it did not fit into my purse; b.) I could not enjoy going into amusement park rides; and c.) I thought a camera phone is enough. Basically, it was an excess to my baggage, and I had to make use of the little resources that I have, a.k.a. my smartphone. 



As I was looking through a lot (and I really mean a lot!) of websites, comparing notes, asking my friends for a small camera with amazing features that of a DSLR, one that stood out is the Sony Alpha A5000 Mirrorless Camera. Since Seoul is a beautiful place with a lot of picture perfect sceneries, I need the world's lightest interchangeable lens digital camera. And I'm pretty much sold with what the Sony Alpha A5000 has to offer. 


First of all, the A5000 has an Exmor® APS HD CMOS sensor, making it possible to produce world-class images with top sensitivity, extreme dynamic range and an eye for detail. It also boasts of BIONZ X™ image processing engine, where you can expect better noise reduction and true color rendering. Imagine yourself taking a photo of the Gyeongbukgong Palace, where different colors are so visible, you could almost touch them. With the A5000, these colors come alive as you see it in real life. 

Shooting the changing of Palace Guards or wanting to capture the cherry blossoms in full bloom? The A5000 has High sensitivity ISO 100-160003, that it lets you capture in low light without flash, fast moving action and minimizes noise. 

Or if you are like me, who wants to juggle photography and doing vlogs, you can simply press the MOVIE button and capture scenes in Full HD.  Choose a fast 1080/60i5 setting for super-smooth action scenes, or slower 24p5 to achieve a cinematic effect. I actually am thinking of renting a "hanbok" for a day to feel like I'm in Joseon Era or something.  


And since I'm going to Korea with my friend, Hannah, what better way to take self portraits than to flip the LCD screen and actually seeing how the photo will turn out. Because my old DSLR couldn't let me see what it's up to, the A5000 can be your best friend with the Soft Skin Effect that smoothes any wrinkles and makes you look blemish free. It even has a face detector and smile shutter to capture photographs in an instant. 

Do you remember a post in The Soshal Network that says, The More Putol, More Soshal post? The Sony Alpha A5000 has an Auto Object Framing, meaning, it crops your shot for a more maximum appeal without sacrificing quality. You don't need to paste it on Paint or edit through your mobile phone, leaving the shot grainy. You know, because that always happens to me. This gets more exciting - this camera has Picture Effect with thirteen modes on your photos or movies. I can just imagine taking a shot at the Dongdaenum Design Plaza with the LED roses with its vivid quality. Or you can also choose the Multiple Exposure with its programmed themes and you can create a la Train to Busan movie, well, minus the zombies at least. 


Getting dramatic is easy peasy with the Time Lapse Feature. You can shoot a series of still images and put them into a movie, or you can either choose the manual focusing by magnifying the scene 6.8x or 13.6x on the LCD screen and fine-tuning what you see.

But all these features cannot sum up without the basics - battery, storage and posting. Power lasts up to approximately 95 minutes for actual recording and approximately 150 min for continuous recording. Compatible storage media are the Memory Stick PRO Duo™, Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo™, Memory Stick XC-HG Duo™, SD, SDHC, SDXC memory cards. This baby also has Wi-Fi, so you can instantly post your photos on your social media sites whenever is convenient for you. 


With all these great features, I am really convinced that the Sony Alpha A5000 can be my partner in creating wonderful memories during my travel. With my passion for discovering new places, trying out sumptuous food and being up for any adventure, taking photos and videos with this camera can definitely help me practice the craft, while instilling culture that is found in different parts of the world. 

To know more about the Sony Alpha A5000, you may visit the Sony Philippines Website at www.sony.com.ph


Photo Sources:
http://www.yugatech.com
http://www.sony.com.ph

Post a Comment

0 Comments