Love Me The Way I Am

If you were falling, then I would catch you.
You need a light, I'd find a match.

Cause I love the way you say good morning.
And you take me the way I am.

If you are chilly, here take my sweater.
Your head is aching, I'll make it better.

Cause I love the way you call me baby.
And you take me the way I am.

I'd buy you Rogaine when you start losing all your hair.
Sew on patches to all you tear.

Cause I love you more than I could ever promise.
And you take me the way I am.
You take me the way I am.
You take me the way I am.

- The Way I Am, Ingrid Michaelson

Lately, I have been into Ingrid Michaelson's songs. After Girls Chase Boys, I'm so into The Way I Am. And it actually make me want to go back to my first love - Singing. These made me realize that I need to re-learn playing the guitar. 

So many years back, I was so into learning how to play the guitar and piano. I wanted to make music like my teenage idols. The guitar was like a Musicians friend. Playing the instrument gives me that different kind of high. As I grew older, music made everything so easy - moving on, bringing the love back, consoling a friend, and all that sorts. 

Now, I'm sharing you one of my favorite songs. The Way I Am is simple, yet full of love. Unconditional, no-holds barred kind of feeling. The kind where I want to play and sing my own songs someday...one day. 


Post a Comment

0 Comments