Yabu: The House of Katsu Experience

Yabu's Entrance
I've been hearing a lot of good reviews about Yabu: The House of Katsu for a quite some time. Good thing my office is now near Megamall, so my new officemates Steph, Jess and I went last week and had a satisfying lunch. Its as good as saying, we didn't even know how we'd go back to our building because we were all so full. 


Cute interior
Yabu: The House of Katsu is located at the 2nd Floor of Megamall Atrium. Back from the reviews I read, the wooden walls are actually sake cups joined together. At the left wall was a black and white Anime illustration.  I just love the feel of creativity! 

Kurubota Tonkatsu Set
Jess ordered the Kurobuta Tonkatsu Set. We were so fascinated how big his tray was, filled with so much food! You have to prepare their special sauce to actually enjoy the Pork Tonkatsu. I love how their Katsu are crunchy and very crispy. We also noticed the huge portion of cabbage. When their team saw that Jess' plate was out of cabbage, they refilled it instantly. Its like having unlimited breadsticks on a pasta, only, cabbage is much healthier.

Chicken Curry
After browsing their menu, Steph ordered the Chicken Curry Katsu Meal. Again, this set meal comes with fruits, miso soup and cabbage. She let me taste it and it was pretty good. I love the flavor of the sauce. When you look at it, you'd mistake it for gravy but its curry taste made all the difference. Again, this is yummy and I made a mental note what to eat on our next visit.

My Katsudon Meal
Lastly, I ordered the Chicken Katsudon Set Meal. At first, I thought it would just be a Katsudon bowl (like in the other Japanese restaurants I've been to) but when I saw my tray, I fell in love. Its affordable in price and  their serving is quite huge. And I also get to have fruits and cabbage in it. 

Definitely trying this again
I am now an official Yabu convert! Good thing we saw this when we were craving for something delicious for lunch. 5 stars for everything we ate that day and their accommodating service too. Its always nice to discover great food and quality service. 

For more information about Yabu: The House of Katsu, you may visit their website at http://www.yabuhouseofkatsu.com, LIKE their Facebook Page or follow them at Twitter.

Post a Comment

0 Comments