The American Idol Shines at the Live Tour in Manila

The American Idol Live Tour 2011 in Manila
I am still in awe and star stuck after the American Idol Live Tour 2011 last Wednesday at the Smart Araneta Coliseum. Thanks to Kara, I had the chance to score front row seats and see the American Idol 10 Finalists THAT close. Starting from their stage and visual effects, its almost as if you're watching at the American Idol studio. The place was so packed and we were so excited to see the performances.

The stage shines with the girls

The girls took up the intro by singing Born This Was by Lady Gaga. Everyone was so all over the place and dancing with the Idols. The stage also looked like they were all in the dance floor. 

Pia sang one of my favorite songs!

Pia Toscano then took the stage and sang Empire State of Mind by Alicia Keys. And then we were transformed with the big lights, New York Style.  She also performed her latest original single, This Time.

Thia was sooo fun!

If I enjoyed another thing during the night, its Thia Megia's Who Says rendition by Selena Gomez. Its just so preppy and she was such a darling. The song actually fits her personality.  And so I couldn't help but sing along too :)

The girls sparkle while singing Tightrope
The girls then performed Tightrope. Its so nice to see the girls' refreshing voices on stage. It makes you wanna dance too when they start to strut their stuff.

Stefano was love.

The first guy to perform was Stefano Langone. He sang a duet of California King Bed with Pia, his rendition of Bruno Mars' Grenade and Usher's DJ Got Us Falling In Love Again. And let me mention that the crowd got wild when he took off his shirt. Its hotness galore at the Araneta Coliseum! 

The Idols enjoyed singing Forget You
The finalists (except Scotty) performed Forget You by Cee Lo Green. The stage looked 70's and they all had fun performing. I think most of us were standing just to dance with this upbeat song. And hey, this is my favorite too! It has been the ringtone of my phone for months. The boys also sang Animal by Neon Trees.
Me loves Lauren's boots!
Lauren Alaina sang Flat on the Floor, Like My Mother Does, If I Die Young and When You Say Nothing At All with Scotty. I so love her outfit and her sparkly boots! She consumed too much glitter, but I'm not complaining :)

James=hottie

James Durbin rocked Araneta with Sweet Child of Mine. He was ushered from the back and the girls just gone wild. But as cute as he was, I think I kind of know where that charm was from. That bad boy attitude always get me too.

Jacob danced the night away
Jacob Lusk was a total performer with Never Too Much and Youre All I Need To Get By. He was shaking his booty all night that we were also dancing during his performances. And he sings like a girl! :P

Haley Reinhart was so classy with songs Bennie and the Jets and A House of the Rising Sun. Paul McDonald was all country with Maggie May and Casey Abrams sang Smooth,  Moanin' and Harder to Breathe. Oh, and I wanted to copy Naima Adedapo's dance moves while she performs On The Floor by J. Lo, one of the AI judges.

We love you Scotty!
Last to come up the stage was American Idol 10's Winner, Scotty McCreery. His intro song was Your Man, then with the girls, he sang one of his contest piece, Gone. He also promoted his latest single, I Love You This Big. Scotty was really a cutie! And his voice was really unique. He also announced that this was the last leg of the American Idol Tour and will be coming back to U.S.A. after their concert here.

Best performance ever!

As the finale, the American Idols sang the revivals with the medley of Here I Go Again, Faithfully, Walk This Way, Any Way You Want It/ Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin. Their performance was fun because they enjoyed being on stage and even teasing one another. I'm just so happy that I get to experience this fun night.

Ria is happy to be here :)
Thanks again to Kara for making this possible :) I must say this has been one of the concerts I have ever attended. Here's hoping I could experience another concert or two before the year ends. Did you also go to the American Idol event? How cool was it? :)

Post a Comment

0 Comments