Worming around the Metro!

I am a certified bookworm.

What started with Sweet Valley Books have been replaced by novels by Sparks, Brown, Rowling, Niffenegger, Coelho, etcetera and even by chicklit writers like Kinsella and Cabot. I love buying books. I love going to thrift bookstores to compare prices of books to major bookstores nationwide. I am even guilty of buying a book before it is turned to a movie then compare and contrast the two.

And this goes by saying that September is my favorite month. Not just because my birthday falls at the exact month, but it gives me an excuse to ogle at books one more time and score great sales at that.

The Manila International Book Fair is celebrating their 30th year. Yay! And exhibit days will be held on September 16-20, 2009 at SMX Convention Center, Mall of Asia Complex, Pasay City. Large and small scale bookstores will join the event and I'm just so psyched to find books that Ive been long wanting to buy in a much lower price. Yes, that would be the best birthday gift too. :)

Ive been attending the event for the past two or three years, and it never really failed me. I had nifty finds, both local and foreign authors and they also have book launches and reviews once in a while. :)

See you all there fellow booklovers! :)

Post a Comment

0 Comments