A Nike Moment

She's running. It's early, it's quiet. Just the sound of her feet on the asphalt. She likes to run alone. No pressure, no stress. This is the one place she can be herself. Look any way she wants, dress, think any way she wants. No game playing, no rules. -Darcy Maguire (What Women Want)

One With The Road

You don't stand in front of a mirror before a run
wondering what the road will think of your outfit.

You don't have to listen to its jokes and
pretend they're funny in order to run on
it.

It would not be easier to run if you
dressed sexier.

The road doesn't notice if you're not
wearing lipstick.


Does not care how old you are.

You do not feel uncomfortable because you
make more money than the road.

And you can call on the road whenever you feel like it. Whether it's
been a day or even a couple of hours since your last
date.

The only thing the road cares about, is
that you pay it a visit once in a while.


Nike. No games...just sports.

Remember that Nike ad in What Women Want? I was so fond of that spiel. No, I loved it that much that I had the exact moment yesterday during our run. I was so bummed out this week that I had to distance myself with the group first. And I did two oval laps. Without stopping. haha. Sorry, first time. But it kinda helped. It made me somewhat clear my head. MY anxiety level were lessen. I didn't get angry at the road, but it helped me think.

These past few days are a whirlwind of emotions for me. I did things that I have never ever considered doing like bashing accusations to one person and acting without asking my mind repeatedly if its wrong or right.

I may have defied every nerve in my body, but I am not regretting what I did. I never really am that type. Yes, I am sorry if I did hurt someone or their ego, but I am always firm in my decisions, whether it brought me bad or good. But anyhoo, again as Blair said to Chuck, "After your performance last night, the lord and I are better than ever". :P And now we are.

**********************************

My transfer is getting to tedious. I couldn't wait to start. Not that I don't want to be in FC with my friends anymore, but I'm hyped up and my momentum is getting high already. Everyone already knows I'm leaving, but I haven't passed my resignation yet because I wasn't asked to sign the contract yet. Though, Ms. Cherry said that I'm good as in. So, I'm waiting. And its getting me bored. Kidding.

*********************************

Have to go first. More stuff to do. Argh.

Muah!

Post a Comment

0 Comments