Of Valentines, Hon's Birthday and How Badly I Wanna be Salma Hayek

The first time Hon compared me with a movie star, I thought he would say something horrible. We were in college then, and the film Frida was about to be shown in the Philippines. If I may recall, we werent an item anymore at that time but he pestered my already trying-to-move-on life just to tell me that I looked like Salma Hayek in the aforementioned film.

And now, I so badly wanted to be like her because of the news above:

PARIS – Salma Hayek picked a romance-lover's ideal time and place for her wedding: Valentine's Day in Paris.

The Mexican-born actress wed French magnate Francois-Henri Pinault in a civil ceremony Saturday at the City Hall in Paris' chic 6th arrondissement, according to an official there.

The wedding was a small affair, said the official, who was speaking on condition of anonymity, in accordance with policy.

The nuptials followed a rocky romance. The two met in Italy in 2006, announced their engagement and had a baby, Valentina Paloma, in September 2007. Last year they broke off their engagement but made up a few months later.

Hayek, 42, was nominated for an Oscar in 2003 for the film "Frida," the biography of the painter Frida Kahlo, which she produced and starred in. She is one of the executive producers of the hit series "Ugly Betty" and is also the chief executive of Ventanazul, a production company she formed with Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Inc.

Pinault, 46, is chief executive of the French luxury and retail group PPR SA, which owns high-end labels such as Gucci, Yves Saint Laurent, Balenciaga and Puma.

****************************

Okay, so not only did she get her dream wedding, but she bagged herself a rich man. Um, well, she was a bankable actress at least. Though, Im not really sure if I wanna get married the Parisian way. Hate it. And it will probably take me a very long time to accept the name, the country and the person who tagged it and associated my boyfriend with. Bitterness is such a b*tch. hahaha :P

But Im really happy for Salma. I may not know her personally, but love still exists somehow.

**************************

Our Valentine's Day was subtle. There were no frills, but some fuss. :P I somehow managed to be overdramatic about the fact that it wasnt special unlike our previous heart's day celebrations and all. Of course, I WAS MELODRAMATIC. And Im quite aware of that fact. In addition to that, it was the first time for me to get so frustrated on not having it my way, and envying girls who are holding roses and bouquets and bears. I cant believe that I tried to ruin my relationship for all the commercialized hullabaloo that the occasion is trying to feed us girls. It was only when my partner told me "Bakit, lahat ba ng may hawak na bulaklak na nakita mo, nakapunta sa Davao?", made me shut up and forget about being so selfish and insensitive.

And what matters most is after almost three years, Patrick and Ria is still living happily ever after. (^___^)

As Usher said, " It's the simple things in life we forget, You hear her talkin' but don't hear what she said, Why do you make something so easy so complicated. Searching for what's right in front of your face...But you can't see it"

...But of course, there's always next year. hahaha. :P

******************************

Yesterday naman, we celebrated his birthday at his house. Had a simple get-together with his family, some of his friends and of course, his nieces and nephew na super lovable. :D

Was a fun day until we heard the mass. No, its not the mass itself, but this obnoxious priest who thinks that people who settle to sit outside the church doesnt hear his sermon and just fiddling with friends. I mean, its okay to reprimand those people, but humiliating them is such a turn off. I mean, being a priest and a holy man.

Oh well, I have to go. Spent the day with Hon today. Fun and tiring din at the same time. But I really enjoyed the day. :D

Tomorrow will be another day for work. And still undecided about something in my future.

Post a Comment

0 Comments